Wednesday 16 March 2016

General Zod's Trial with Workshop 1, 2 and 3 - DAVID


Workshop 1 - Dubbing Dialogue



I found this workshop very easy and simple to do despite never been introduced to Garageband. I had already watched this scene for a number of times and so I knew when to speak and timing accuracy. It was hard to convey sound because at times in the scene, it felt that they are not saying anything when they actually are, for example when the girl is screaming out in pain after being sentenced to 300 cycles of somatic reconditioning. At first, I didn't know what to say, so I transcribed the script of the scene and I felt after writing this, it was a lot easier to do. The script is shown below:

 Lor-Em
General Zod, for the crimes of murder and high treason, the council has sentenced you and your fellow insurgents to 300 cycles of somatic reconditioning. Do you have any last words?

You won't kill us yourself! You wouldn't dirty your hands but you'll damn us to a black hole for eternity! Jor-El was right! You're a pack of fools, every last one of you!

[to Lara] You... you believe your son is safe... I will find him. I will reclaim what you have taken from us! I will find him. I will find him, Lara. I WILL FIND HIM!

Workshop 2 - Adding Music





I found this workshop a lot more difficult to do compared to the dubbing dialogue workshop. I used a method in which I downloaded music from YouTube and included in my clip. I used the same clip, General Zod's Trial. I found the background music as I had already seen this clip before, the track being 'I Will Find Him'. The most difficult part of this process was putting it in the right place of the scene and in the original scene, some parts of the music is split so I had to split various parts of the music clip and place them in separate parts of the video clip. I also had to control the volume of each clip as they are parts in the music when it gradually gets louder, but I found that quite easy to do because of each level/layer, there is a volume knob that let me control me the volume. 

Workshop 3 - Adding Sound Effects



For this scene, I decided to choose another video clip as General Zod's Trial had too many sound effects and was difficult to resource, so I decided to choose Malcolm Tucker's Rant from the hit comedy television series: The Thick Of It. For this workshop, I used some sound effects found online from freesound.org and also foley sound effects which are sounds generated from everyday sounds. I used the London Ambulance Service siren alarm from freesound.org, but in the scene, the siren faded away so I needed to find a way to decrease the volume gradually. This was extremely difficult to do as I did not need to do it until now, so I clicked on my sound effect and went to its track volume and went from the beginning of the sound effect and decreased it to the end of the effect, which I then found easier to do. I also used a foley sound effect as well. In the original scene, Malcolm Tucker slams his books on his lap, so I tried to do the same by recording the audio from an Apple laptop and me doing the action. At the end, it was extremely quiet even at a louder volume so for another idea, I decided to slam my hands on a table which created a louder noise and so I decided to use that instead of the other foley sound effect.  


No comments:

Post a Comment