Tuesday 24 November 2015

Key Assessment Week Task - REBECCA

LO1 - Understand the requirements of working to a brief

LO2 - Be able to develop a planned response to a brief

The title of the project would be Bring Back The Lights 2016 to raise awareness of the issue about the cancellation of the fireworks in a small village in south London named Sanderstead. A summary of my documentary would explain facts about Sanderstead involving the population of the village and the population of how many people attended the event in the past years before the cancellation in 2014 and interview people and see how this issue has affected them. Also, the documentary will involve different cases in different villages that the cancellation has affected them in big ways after a lot of history behind it, for example Enfield Town Park has had a lot of history about fireworks and was cancelled after 40 years. The length of my documentary would be between 15 - 30 minutes because my target audience would be teenagers aged between 16-18, and if my documentary goes for longer than 30 minutes, my audience will get bored and will find my documentary will drag on. The filming will be completed by the 18th December 2015 and the overall film will be completed by the 8th January 2016. The locations of where the documentary will be filming would be in the villages of Sanderstead and Enfield Town. Specific filming locations would be Sanderstead Recreation Ground and Enfield Town Park. For my documentary, we don't need permission to film as filming is allowed at both locations. The specific filming dates with locations will be until the 18th December and the finished product will be published on YouTube on the 8th January 2016. For the majority of my documentary, there will be a lot of voice overs and interviews with the community of Sanderstead and some of Enfield Town. I will do the camera work, interview people, edit and direct and I will get James to camera the interviews I have with different people. For my documentary, a camera, a tripod, voice recording software and editing software is needed. My documentary is meant to raise awareness of the cancellation of Sanderstead's fireworks and to create a fund to bring back the fireworks in Sanderstead, so the key message that I am trying to communicate to the audience is to raise awareness of an event that has closed down and has left thousands of people not gathering as a community and also nothing to do on Bonfire Night. The music that I want to use is quite jolly music, not specific songs and are copyright free. There are no other documentaries that are targeted at my issue, so this is a unique issue that I am trying to promote.

No comments:

Post a Comment