Friday 27 November 2015

Pre-Production Techniques (REBECCA)

This is an individual documentary task, so I am in charge of the production, filming and final edited product of my documentary. My documentary name is Bring Back The Lights 2016, and the main aim is to raise awareness of a fireworks event that got cancelled due to funding costs. The documentary is trying to persuade people to raise funds and to send a message to the Rotary Club of Jubilee that we want the event back.

Budget: For my documentary and the production process, the budget is a total of £0, with equipment being borrowed from the college.

Time (Schedule): The time duration of my documentary from filming to the finished product is between 27th November 2015 to the 9th December 2016. I will film various landscape and background shots that were needed in Sanderstead between Friday 4th December to Sunday 6th December. I plan to interview residents of a younger generation and an older generation, so I will interview residents of Sanderstead on the 6th of December and I will interview some residents that go to Coulsdon College at a later date on Tuesday 8th December 2015.

Personnel (Call sheets): The people involved in the making of my documentary are myself and James Fisher. I will talk in the documentary and James will use the camera to film what I am saying. He will also film the environment of Sanderstead and film different landscapes of the village.

Facilities: Facilities involved in my documentary are a camera and a camera stand for the filming. For editing, I will use editing software on the iMac called iMovie, which will be a very simple way of editing my documentary. In my documentary, I will use voice overs that are under my voice and use recording software on the iMac named Reaper.

Locations (Recce reports): The location involved in my documentary is the small village of Sanderstead, where the issue is affected. It is not far from Coulsdon College (15 minutes drive). Another location that I have considered to be in my documentary is Enfield Town Park, located in Greater London. There is no permission needed.

Clearances: With the two locations that I am proposed to film, there is no permission needed to film at these locations, which is an advantage as it allows me to carry on with my film. I am filming at Sanderstead Recreation Ground, Sanderstead village and my house; all of these locations do not need permission to film.

Copyright (Intellectual property): The Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 came into force on the 1st August 1989. Intellectual property protection helps my documentary to stop people stealing or copying the names of my documentary, which is 'Bring Back The Lights 2016'. As this is a documentary of my own creation, which meets copyright, I own intellectual property.

Health and Safety (Risk assessments): When filming at Sanderstead Recreation Ground, there is a case of slipping on floors and getting injured. It might be a wet day therefore there will be wet surfaces as we are filming outside. To prevent this, we will put signs on where to stand and where to not move to prevent this from happening. Secondly, whilst filming outside in the village of Sanderstead, there will be noise coming from cars and people talking. There is nothing I can do to prevent this, so I will include this in my documentary.

Codes of practice and regulation (The Broadcasting Code): It is the responsibility of the broadcaster to abide by the Broadcasting Code. There are nine sections to the broadcasting code delivered by Ofcom.                            

No comments:

Post a Comment